The Journey of a Science 37 Study Participant
Maybe you’ve been searching on the internet about how to possibly treat a medical condition or talking to medical professionals. Now you’ve educated yourself and learned about the possibility to participate in a clinical research study. Maybe you’re ready to sign up and want to know what happens after that.
We Call You
A compassionate and knowledgeable S37 research coordinator contacts you by phone to discuss the research study and answer your questions.
You Learn More
You talk to your family, close support group, and primary care doctor who give approval and support for you to join the research study.
You Give Consent
We make sure that all of your questions are answered and that you understand the details of the research study before you consent to participate. Before you begin, you consent to participate through our easy-to-use virtual electronic consent process. This can be done in your home.
You Get Screened
You answer some eligibility questions over the phone with us. With your consent, we obtain your medical records. You go to your primary care doctor for an exam and various tests that may include blood tests, electrocardiogram, or other tests. Results are reviewed by the study doctor who confirms your eligibility and then you are enrolled!
- You receive a study smartphone with the NORA app.
- We ship study supplies to your home.
- You get reminders to complete questionnaires and take study medications.
- You regularly communicate with a research coordinator through NORA.
- You may occasionally video chat with the research coordinator and study doctor through NORA.
- You continue to see your primary care provider for routine visits and tests.
Congratulations on being a research participant! You will continue care with your primary care doctor. You will be part of our S37 community and will receive news and updates about future research opportunities.