Last Updated October 13, 2020
If you enroll in a Science 37 clinical trial, you will receive detailed information about data collection, including the collection of personal information, during the initiation of the clinical trial process, and you will be asked for your consent for such collection.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
Registering Interest in a Clinical Trial
We collect Personal Information from you when you register with Science 37, such as expressing interest in a specific clinical trial. Examples of Personal Information we collect are name, address, telephone number, email address, and any other contact details you provide to us. We use this information to contact you about your interest in a clinical trial.
No Personal Information is collected, used, accessed, stored, transferred, or distributed as part of your interest in our clinical trial work without your explicit authorization. At any time, even after you have given authorization, you can opt out of receiving these communications by contacting us at Privacy@Science37.com or by clicking on our “Unsubscribe” link in the communication that was sent to you.
If you apply for jobs through our website, your application and any additional information that you provide may be used to assess your skills and interests against career opportunities at Science 37, and for reporting purposes that may be required by country-specific laws. When you apply online for a position with us, you are asked to provide your authorization for us to collect, use, process, store, transfer, and distribute your Personal Information before you submit any Personal Information. We may also use your information to communicate with you and to inform you of career opportunities.
Other Personal Information You Provide
You can visit our website without submitting Personal Information. However, if you use certain features on the website, such as the “Contact Us” feature, you will be required to provide personal information. Such information could include, for example, your name, email address, or phone number.
Non-Personal Data Collected Automatically
When you access our website, we may automatically collect data that is not Personal Information, such as the type of internet browser and operating system used, domain name of the website from which you came, number of visits, average time spent on the site, and pages viewed. We may use this data to monitor the relevancy of our website and improve its performance or content.
“Cookies” — Information Stored Automatically on Your Computer
SDKs and Mobile Advertising IDs
Our Services may include third-party software development kits (“SDKs”) that allow us and our service providers to collect information about your activity. In addition, some mobile devices come with a resettable advertising ID (such as Apple’s IDFA and Google’s Advertising ID) that, like cookies and pixel tags, allow us and our service providers to identify your mobile device over time for advertising purposes.
Our website may include plugins from other companies, including social media companies (e.g., the Facebook “Like” button). These plugins may collect information, such as information about the pages you visit, and share it with the company that created the plugin even if you do not click on the plugin. These third-party plugins are governed by the privacy policies and terms of the companies that created them.
Third-party Online Tracking
We also may partner with certain third parties to collect, analyze, and use some of the information described in this section. For example, we may allow third parties to set cookies or use web beacons on the website or in email communications from us. This information may be used for a variety of purposes, including online website analytics and interest-based advertising. Please see the section below titled “Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising” to learn more about this use.
Aggregated and Deidentified Information
From time to time, we may also collect and share aggregated or deidentified information about users of the Services. Such aggregated or deidentified information will not identify you personally.
How We Use and Process Your Information
We use the Personal Information that we collect for a variety of purposes, as described below. Our legal bases for processing your personal information are: 1) our legitimate interest in running and maintaining our business; 2) performance and fulfillment of our contracts; 3) your consent; and 4) compliance with our legal obligations. In many instances, more than one of these legal bases apply to the processing of your Personal Information.
The purposes for which we may use your information include to:
- Conduct clinical trials;
- Respond to your questions or requests concerning the Services;
- Fulfill the terms of any agreement you have with us;
- Fulfill your requests for our Services or otherwise complete a transaction that you initiate;
- Send you information about our Services and other topics that are likely to be of interest to you, including newsletters, updates, or other communications, including emails;
- Deliver confirmations, account information, notifications, and similar operational communications;
- Improve your user experience and the quality of our products and Services;
- Comply with legal and/or regulatory requirements;
- Aggregate and deidentify information;
- Count and recognize visitors to the website;
- Analyze how visitors use the website and various website features;
- Improve the website and enhance users’ experiences with the website;
- Create new products and services or improving our existing Services;
- Enable additional website analytics and research concerning the Services; and
- Manage our business.
Disclosure of Your Information
Third-party Service Providers
Science 37 uses third-party service providers that perform services on our behalf, including web-hosting companies, mailing vendors, and analytics providers. These service providers may collect and/or use your information, including information that identifies you personally, to assist us in achieving the purposes discussed above.
We may share your information with other third parties when necessary to fulfill your requests for services; to complete a transaction that you initiate; to meet the terms of any agreement that you have with us or our partners; or to manage our business.
Third parties may directly collect information from our website for analytics and interest-based advertising purposes, as described below.
We may also disclose your Personal Information without your permission to comply with a court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to a government or regulatory request.
Science 37 does not share, sell, rent, or trade Personal Information with third parties for their promotional purposes or for any purposes without your explicit consent.
Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising
The website also enables third-party tracking mechanisms to collect information about you and your computing devices for use in online interest-based advertising. For example, third parties, such as Facebook, may use the fact that you visited our website to target online ads to you. In addition, our third-party advertising networks might use information about your use of our website to help target advertisements based on your online activity in general. For information about interest-based advertising practices, including privacy and confidentiality, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website or the Digital Advertising Alliance website.
If you do not want to receive emails from us in the future, you may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link or contacting Privacy@Science37.com. Science 37 follows country-specific requirements to implement the opt-out within the legally allowed time period.
Science 37 also offers a partial opt-out option. This option allows you to choose the data elements you want to provide and those you do not. For more information about opting out of providing certain data elements, contact us at Privacy@Science37.com.
Transfer and Storage of Your Information
Science 37 is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA in the United States. If you reside outside the U.S. we may transfer your Personal Information to the U.S. for the purposes of processing or storage. Where local law requires, we may store data locally in order to comply with such regulations.
For EU and Swiss Residents
Science 37 will transfer Personal Information from the EU and/or Switzerland in accordance with the European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses. If you have any privacy-related questions about the transfer or storage of your Personal Information please contact us at Privacy@Science37.
Science 37 is committed to protecting the Personal Information you share with us.
We utilize a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
Science 37 will not knowingly collect, store, share, or use the Personal Information of children under the age of 18 without seeking prior parental or legal guardian consent if required by applicable law.
Depending on your jurisdiction, you may be entitled to certain legal rights with respect to your Personal Information. These rights may include the following:
- Request access to your Personal Information. This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the Personal Information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure (right to be forgotten) of your Personal Information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data in some circumstances. Note, however, that we may not be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons related to a clinical trial, which we will notify you of, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your Personal Information where we are relying on a legitimate interest and you feel it impacts your fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information that override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your Personal Information. You can ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Information in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of that Personal Information or you object to us processing your Personal Information.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Information to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party, your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information that you initially provided consent for us to use, or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
If you withdraw or are withdrawn from a clinical trial, we will not collect or receive any new information from the Services. However, information already collected, processed, and stored up to the time that your withdrawal request is received may not be deleted, and may continue to be used for the clinical trial purpose including compliance with regulatory requirements, unless we are compelled under local law to destroy the information.
If at any time you feel Science 37 has violated your privacy rights, you may contact us directly at Privacy@Science37.com or you may file a complaint directly with any relevant supervisory authority.
How to Contact Us
Science 37, Inc.
Jen Davis, Deputy General Counsel and Privacy Officer
600 Corporate Pointe #320
Culver City, CA 90230