Science 37 Privacy Notice
Last modified: December 10, 2019
Science 37 (“Science 37” or “We”) respects your privacy and we are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this notice. This Privacy Notice describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website (“Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. Please read this notice carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it.
If you enroll in a Science 37 clinical trial, you will receive detailed information about data collection during the clinical trial process and you will be asked for your consent for such data collection.
If you are a California resident, please see this California Privacy Notice.
|How We Use Your Information|
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide you with information about our clinical trials.
- To contact you to discuss a clinical trial opportunity that you expressed interest in.
- To improve our clinical trial business model including the trial recruitment process.
|Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It|
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- That is personally identifiable, such as name, e-mail address and telephone number;
- That is about you but does not identify you, such as age, race, sex and medical history; and
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us by submitting forms on our Website. This includes information you provide at the time of requesting information about a clinical trial.
- Directly from you when you share it with us while using the chat feature on our Website.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and web beacons.
|Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies|
Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment and browsing actions and patterns including:
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information. This information helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Science 37, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
|Disclosure of Your Information|
Science 37 does not sell personal information.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this privacy notice:
- To third parties we use to support our clinical trials. Any such third party is bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with a court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to a government or regulatory request.
|Accessing and Correcting Your Information|
You may send us an email at Privacy@Science37.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not be able to accommodate a request to change or delete information if you are enrolled in a clinical trial or if the change would violate any legal or regulatory requirement.
|Your California Privacy Rights|
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://www.science37.com/science-37-privacy-notice-california-residents.
We use appropriate technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect data that pertains to you from loss, misuse or alteration. In addition, we take steps to ensure that our safeguards take into account new known threats. We restrict access to your personal information to only individuals who have a need to know the information to provide the services described in this Privacy Notice. However, no organization can guarantee the absolute security of personal information. You should keep in mind that Internet transmissions, particularly email transmissions, are never 100% secure or error-free. Accordingly, we also encourage you to guard your own computer and password against unauthorized access by others.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not provide any information about yourself to us. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at Privacy@Science37.comCalifornia residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see [Your California Privacy Rights] for more information.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
Science 37 may amend or modify this Privacy Notice from time to time. For example, new laws or regulations may require changes. Any updates to the Privacy Notice will be posted on our Website. We encourage you to review this notice periodically. The date the Privacy Notice was last revised is identified at the top of the page.
If you have any questions about this notice or our privacy practices, please contact us at:Privacy@Science37.com