We may change this Policy at any time. Any changes to this Policy will become effective when we make the revised Policy available on or through the Sites.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small files, usually consisting of letters and numbers, placed on your computer, tablet, phone, or similar device, when you use that device to visit a website. Cookies are widely used by website owners to make their websites operate more efficiently and provide analytical information.
These are the different types of Cookies we and our service providers may use on our Sites:
- Strictly necessary Cookies. These Cookies are required for the operation of our Sites and enable you to move around the Sites and use essential features like secure areas. Disabling these Cookies will limit the Sites’ performance and may make some of the features and services unavailable.
- Analytical and performance Cookies. These Cookies allow us to analyze activities on our Sites and on other sites where we post content in order to improve and optimize the way our Sites work. For example, we may use these types of Cookies to ensure that visitors can easily find the clinical trial information they are looking for on our Sites. One way we do this is to recognize and count the number of visitors and see how they move around our Sites when they are using it. Analytical Cookies also help us measure the performance of our clinical trial recruiting efforts and to optimize our Sites’ content for those who are interested in a Science 37 clinical trial.
- Functionality Cookies. These Cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our Sites. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting Cookies. These Cookies record your online activities, including your visits to our Sites, the pages you have visited, and the links you have clicked. One purpose of this is to help make the content displayed on our Sites more relevant to you. Another purpose is to allow us to deliver recruitment material or other communications to you that are designed to be more relevant to your interests.
How does Science 37 Collect and Use Other Information?
- Help us obtain information about your visits to the Sites;
- Process your interest in our clinical trials;
- Analyze your visiting patterns to improve our Sites;
- Deliver communications, social features, and content from us and third parties, specific to your interests;
- Remember your language and other preferences;
- Help you obtain information you are looking for;
- Provide a safe and secure service for online interaction;
- Measure how many people use our Sites, and how they use them, to keep our Sites running efficiently and to better understand our Sites’ audiences.
- If you provide us with your personal information on our Sites, we may associate that information with other information we collect from or about you, regarding your use of our Sites, or information we receive from or about you from third parties. We will use this combined data for clinical trial recruitment and analytics purposes.
How long do Cookies stay on devices?
Some of our Cookies operate from the time you visit a Science 37 Site to the end of that particular web-browsing session. These Cookies expire and are automatically deleted when you close your internet browser. These Cookies are called “session” Cookies.
Some Cookies will stay on your device between browsing sessions. They do not expire when you close your browser. These Cookies are called “persistent” Cookies. The length of time a persistent cookie stays on your device varies from cookie to cookie. We and others use persistent Cookies for a variety of purposes, such as to store your preferences so that they are available for the next visit, and to keep a more accurate account of how often you visit our Sites, how your use of the Sites may vary over time, and the effectiveness of clinical trial recruitment efforts.
Who puts the Cookies on devices?
Cookies may be placed on your device by Science 37 as the Site operator. These Cookies are called “first party” Cookies. Some Cookies may be placed on your device by a party other than Science 37. These Cookies are called “third party” Cookies. For example, a Science 37 partner or sponsor may place a third-party cookie to enable relevant information exchange.
Cookies may also be used that allow us to know when you visit our Sites, and to understand how you interact with emails, clinical trial recruitment materials, or other content. Through Cookies, aggregate and other information not considered to be personal information (such as your operating system, browser version, and the URL you came from, including from emails and advertisements) may be obtained and used to enhance your experience and understand traffic patterns. This technology counts the number of users who visit a particular service from specific banner advertisements outside the Science 37 Site or who clicked on links or graphics included in email newsletters received from Science 37. It is also used as a tool to compile aggregated statistics about how Sites are used, to help us optimize our Sites, and to help serve you content based on your interests, as described in further detail below.
How does Science 37 Use Online and Mobile Advertising?
We engage in interest-based advertising to deliver clinical trial recruitment advertisements and personalized content that we believe will be of interest to you. To the extent third party vendors are using Cookies to perform these services for Science 37, Science 37 does not control the use of this technology or the resulting information and is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
Ads may be delivered to you based on your online or mobile behavior (on Science 37 Sites and non-Science 37 websites), your search activity, your responses to one of our recruitment advertisements or emails, the pages you visit, your general geographic location, or other information. These ads may appear on our Sites or on third party websites.
How do I Manage Cookies?
You can decide whether or not to accept Cookies by using the Cookie Settings. If you choose not to have Cookies placed on your device, Science 37 will comply with your opt-out and no Cookies that we personally control will be placed on your device. In countries where an explicit opt-in is not required, we offer you the opportunity to opt-out at any time; otherwise, we will place Cookies on your device for the purposes stated above. You can learn more about how to manage your cookies by visiting http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ which provides detailed information on managing cookies on popular browsers.
How to Contact Us